The inaugural class of our Small Business Innovation Program — an accelerator program designed to support entrepreneurs and startups as they solve problems for small businesses — was a rousing success!
All four of the startups in the inaugural class graduated having accelerated their approach towards success, and we’re looking forward to seeing what lies on the horizon for them.
The second class will begin on February 1, and will be comprised of the following five startups:
- Cloze: Cloze is launching a new premium app that uses data science to help small business professionals proactively keep on top of their relationships. Cloze is headed by Boston technology veterans Dan Foody and Alex Cote.
- FamilyID: Founded by CEO Rochelle Nemrow, FamilyID is a self-serve online registration and payment platform for small organizations that regularly host programs — such as schools, camps, and clubs. Located in Boston, FamilyID also offers integrated merchandizing solutions for small businesses and an online directory of programs for consumers.
- Faze1: Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Faze1 is a data-as-a-service solution that delivers consumer data to small businesses in a mapping interface for optimizing direct marketing campaigns. Faze1 was founded in 2013 by entrepreneurs Marc Guy, Adam Hanna, and Eliot Goodwin.
- Itsgr82bme: Itsgr82bme helps small businesses connect to customers by offering consumers one central location to find family-friendly things to do and places to go, as well as products and services in their local communities or on the go. The New Jersey-based startup is founded by Brooke and Michael Webb.
- Ureserv.com: Ureserv.com is a cloud-based online restaurant reservation and table management system. Founded in 2012 by Boston-based engineer Van Garett and restaurateur Jeffrey Gates, Ureserv.com has already processed over 10 million online reservations.
As you can see, it’s quite a diverse class in terms of products and services; we’re very excited that such a wide array of entrepreneurs share our passion for helping small businesses succeed!
If you are a lover of new technology and are interested in testing out the products and services being created in the InnoLoft, we definitely recommend that you sign up to join our Test Drive team.
You can rate the ideas, give feedback, and even receive other perks like discounts on the finished products.
And, as always, we’ll keep you updated on the progress of the class during their time in the InnoLoft!